Welcome to Thorpe Lea Fishery
Thorpe Lea Fishery is a premier day ticket water, set in 18 acres near the M25 and M3 motorways.
- Open All Year Round
- On Site Refreshments
- Single Day Permits
- 60 Swims
- New Shower Block and Washroom for Long Stay Anglers
- Secure Parking
Stocked in 2003 with 2,500 prime carp to 18lb from British Waterways' bagging Mecca, Drayton Reservoir, Thorpe Lea has already proved itself to be a spectacular fishery and the carp are packing on the weight fast with four 30lb fish already reported. Bottom baits, floaters, zig rigs, method feeders, bagging wagglers and even the fly all scored in 2004 with non-stop action and mega hauls of carp.
You too can experience the fishery that everyone has been talking about and since 2007 you can now night fish our lake - just don't expect to get much sleep!
Transportation from the car park to the swims is provided free of charge for the disabled, with a small charge made for others if needed.
Special Notes - Please Read!
Advanced bookings: We do not take advanced bookings for any swim on the lake. All swims are allocated on a first come, first served, basis.
Matches: Unfortunately, until further notice, we cannot facilitate any fishing matches to be held at the venue.
Bait boats: Absolutely no bait boats can be used on the lake.
- No litter will be tolerated. You will be asked to leave if there is litter in, or around, your swim.
- Only marked pegs may be fished, no swim building or clearing is permitted.
- All fish caught must be returned to the water as soon as possible.
- No sacks or keep nets.
- No bait boats.
- No braided main line can be used.
- No unattended rods.
- BARBED hooks only - you will be checked!
- No particles are permitted
- Except hemp, corn/maize and pellets.
- All anglers must use a large padded unhooking mat and a landing net of no less than 36 inches.
- A height barrier is in place at this fishery, take care.
Note: In order to keep our fish in top condition regular checks will be made to hooks, rigs and equipment being used, if you are unsure please ask the bailiff. Please make sure your landing net is a suitable size for the fish you wish to catch.